To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Fee Earners to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency.
Role Specific Responsibilities
· To support your fee earners by ensuring all routine administrative processes are managed along with managing diary commitments.
· To prepare correspondence through audio typing and word processing.
· To deal with routine post, drafting straightforward replies as appropriate.
· To administer filing relating to Clinical Negligence matters including daily filing, opening, closing storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained within the office manual.
· Resolving debit or credit balances on files enabling them to be closed.
· To ensure protocols are in place to protect the confidentiality of both the firm's and clients' documentation and information.
· To manage diaries, take minutes of meetings and circulate as appropriate.
· To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
· To ensure that all necessary photocopying is carried out.
· To provide support to other secretaries as required.
· To attend to clients in person or on the telephone, providing support in a professional and friendly way and ensuring the firm's standards for client care are maintained.
· To deal with clients queries whenever possible and referring matters to the fee earner as and when necessary.
To undertake any specific training identified as necessary to update skills or improve performance.
Professionally based qualifications, skills and experience
- To be fully trained and have experience in secretarial and administrative practices
- To have excellent word-processing and audio typing skills with proven high standards of accuracy, quality and timeliness
- Experience of working in a legal office in a secretarial or administrative capacity.
- Experience of working with Case Management systems
- An understanding of Videss, accounts ledgers and digital dictation systems
Personal Skills and qualities
- The ability to use own initiative and make basic decisions in relation to client matters.
- Self motivated with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Good mathematical skills
- A sensible and professional approach to work.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing including the ability to draft replies to routine correspondence
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and reallocate work accordingly