I am recruiting for a Legal Secretary with experience working in either the Land or Business Commercial sector. The client is based in Birmingham City Centre and is offering a salary of up to £19,000.
To provide a full and efficient secretarial service to the Fee Earner, exercising confidentiality and client care at all times conducting general legal secretary duties. The jobholder must possess excellent word processing and audio typing skills with good interpersonal skills.
My client provides a comprehensive legal service covering a wide range of sectors including Land, Personal and Commercial; they are very well established and operate on a national level.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Audio typing of letters/documents/reports as dictated by the Fee Earner and compiling enclosures.
- Liaising with the Fee Earner to issue monthly bills and monitor any outstanding debt.
- Identifying the urgency of phone calls and ensuring messages are brought to the attention of the Fee Earner.
- Drafting letters/correspondence
- Dealing with incoming/outgoing post
- Diary management
- Managing deadlines
- Dealing with routine correspondence
- Update filing
- Managing an inbox
- Meeting with clients
- Identify documents that need sending to clients
- Occasional cover on Reception
- Arranging lunches and make tea/coffee for meetings as and when appropriate
- Previous Legal Secretary Experience
- Knowledge of the Land and Commercial Sector
- Audio typing experience
- Accurate typing with minimum 60 wpm with good attention to detail
- It literacy - knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Professional and polite manner on the telephone, taking accurate messages and following up on agreed action
- Team player
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Circa £19000 dependant on experience
- 31.5 days holiday including bank holidays rising to 33 days after 2 year's service
- City centre location, easily commutable on train or bus
- Auto enrolled pension
- Onsite kitchen with free tea and coffee
- On-site shower
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***