£25000 - £27000 per annum + additional benefits
about 1 month ago
Salary open to discussion, depending on experience, circa -£25k-£27k
Brook Street is proud to be working with one of the leading Solicitors firm based in the Winchester area that prides itself on the service it offers to its customers.
The Legal Assistant role will predominantly involve working on Private Client work in Wills, Trusts, Probate and Power of attorney
The role is Monday to Friday, 9-5pm and ideally we are looking for 2-3 years experience.
Who's right for the job?
Our ideal candidate will;
- Possess and maintain a good working knowledge of all processes, procedures, and precedents within the department / area of law and keep up to date with any changes.
- Proficient in MS Office and case management systems/databases and keep up to date with any changes.
- Ability to prioritise work and confidence to work within a fast-paced environment
- Uphold the core values of the Firm in all aspects of the role.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Dependability and confidentiality.
- Good judgement and decision making.
- Can-do and solution seeking attitude.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- To have excellent verbal and written communication.
- To have a flexible approach to work and drive own personal development.
About the job:
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide efficient administrative & secretarial support to the Fee Earner(s).
- Consistently provide clients with an excellent, professional and friendly service, via all channels of communication in accordance with the Firm's policies, values, and quality standards.
- Undertake all necessary typing and dictation ensuring all work is accurate.
- Ensure all filing systems are well organised and comply with office procedures.
- Complete and file work produced in a timely manner and maintain up-to-date records on files which reflect status of the matter and action taken to date.
- Carry out work on files and progress client matters undertaking work that is considered by the Fee Earner(s) to be within the ability of the Assistant.
- Manage own diary and that of the Fee Earner(s) & diarise key dates.
- Book client appointments ensuring that relevant client / matter information is obtained and provided to the Fee Earner(s).
- Ensure monetary transactions are dealt with efficiently and in accordance with professional rules.
- Observe confidentiality in all matters both internal and external and maintain an awareness of the need for data protection.
- Undertake all necessary training appropriate to the job or qualifications held and assist in the training of others as and when required.
- Carry out any other duties reasonably requested.
What's in it for you?
The salary is open to be discussed, depending on experience, circa £25k-£27k but if you are looking for a different package in line with your experience we can discuss. In addition you will receive 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays and further benefits can be discussed on screening stage.
Let's get started!
This is a permanent full-time position with a start as soon as possible. This would suit someone who has worked previously in a similar legal admin role for the last 3 years, has strong telephone communication skills and whom has a passion for the legal sector.
For more information, please contact Ben at Brook Street Southampton or apply now to send your CV.