Role - Line leader (Day Shift)
Location - Leeds
Shift Hours - 6:15 am - 7.00 pm.
Salary - £24,644.62
Training - Training period will be no more than 6 months.
You could be working for an industry leading company. The successful candidate will be joining the busy Production Team in Leeds
- In preparation for a prompt 7.00am start to the production day, set up lines in readiness - to include switching on and assembly of appropriate machinery, pre-start up checks, availability of relevant product, PPE, utensils, packaging and documentation.
- To monitor a critical control point (CCP) in line with the relevant FSP training.
- Complete daily attendance registers, record and forward on to departmental supervisors before 7.30am.
- Carry out daily pre hygiene, pre op safety checks, record and notify the departmental supervisor of any defects, failures requiring remedial action.
- Coordination and verification of completed documentation to ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained.
- Ensure daily production target plans are achieved and frequently monitored - Departmental supervisor/ Manager shall be notified if targets are not being achieved upon identification.
- Ensure batch-cleaning practices and frequencies are achieved and recorded.
- Monitor personal and working hygiene practices within department to ensure a high level of standard is maintained.
- Task train and multi skill line operatives on all relevant departmental tasks and rotate all operatives at appropriate intervals throughout the day ensure safe/best working practices.
- Ensure operatives under their control comply with health and safety policies e.g. wearing the correct PPE prior to commencement of task
- Carry out product quality attribute checks in accordance with required frequencies
- Deal with non-conformance reports as necessary
- Ensure compliance of absenteeism and return to work procedures and policies
- Follow company procedures when dealing with/settling grievances on behalf of line operatives
- To rotate line operatives between on line and final pack departments regularly in line with health and safety requirements.
- To promote equal opportunities
- Undertake any training that may be required or desirable
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required commensurate with the post that may be determined following consultation between yourself, Supervisor and Factory Manager.
- Assist in other departments if required.
- Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk of health and safety in your area
- Ensuring that all information relevant to "preventative and protective measures" is passed to your subordinates
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Manager to establish controls for health and safety to include: Daily Start Up checks, Accident and Near Miss Investigations, Monitoring of corrective actions coordinate with other departments to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out for safety systems for machinery and equipment in your Area of responsibility.
- Assisting the H&S Manager to safely evacuate and account for site personnel in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- Carryout routine inspections to ensure the site adheres to its fire plan and meets and exceeds fire related legislation.
Proven track record of your brilliance is essential. If you have demonstrable experience in a similar role, we'd love to speak with you!
We are ideally looking for a candidate with a 'can do' attitude with experience in Production (Ideally Food, but not essential) and who would like to pursue and grow a successful career with our client's business.
- You must be a great team player and be a confident communicator.
- You must have an interest in personal growth and willingness to learn.
- You should also have a high degree of competency in communication, responsiveness, multitasking, and be comfortable working under pressure.
This is fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a great career with a well-established company.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.