Role: Line Leader (NIGHT SHIFT)
Location: Leeds - Sherburn In Elmet
Hours: Monday - Friday 7pm - 4am
Rate of pay - Trainee rate =£13.72, Rate after training = £14.01
The training period will be no more than 6 months.
You could be working for an industry leading company. The successful candidate will be joining the busy Production Team in Leeds.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the safety, quality and legality of the companies products are achieved and maintained to the highest standards at all times. You will be assisting department Supervisor & Managers in the smooth running of department and production targets.
You will be supervising and motivating your own team ensuring morale, performance, discipline, quality and safety standards are maintained.
Main duties include:
- In preparation for a prompt 7.00am start to the production day, set up lines in readiness - to include switching on and assembly of appropriate machinery, pre-start up checks, availability of relevant product, PPE, utensils, packaging and documentation.
- To monitor a critical control point (CCP) in line with the relevant FSP training
- Carry out daily pre hygiene, pre op safety checks, record and notify the departmental supervisor of any defects, failures requiring remedial action.
- Coordination and verification of completed documentation to ensure a high level of accuracy is maintained.
- Ensure daily production target plans are achieved and frequently monitored - Departmental supervisor/ Manager shall be notified if targets are not being achieved upon identification.
- Task train and multi skill line operatives on all relevant departmental tasks and rotate all operatives at appropriate intervals throughout the day ensure safe/best working practices.
- Carry out product quality attribute checks in accordance with required frequencies Feedstock
- Deal with non-conformance reports as necessary
- To rotate line operatives between on line and final pack departments regularly in line with health and safety requirements.
- To promote equal opportunities
- Undertake any training that may be required or desirable
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required commensurate with the post that may be determined following consultation between yourself, Supervisor and Factory Manager.
- Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk of health and safety in your area
What's needed from you?
A proven track record of your brilliance is essential. If you have demonstratable experience in a similar role, we'd love to speak with you!
We are ideally looking for a candidate with a 'can do' attitude with experience in Production (Ideally Food, but not essential) and who would like to pursue and grow a successful career with our client's business.
- You must be a great team player and be a confident communicator.
- You must have an interest in personal growth and willingness to learn.
- You should also have a high degree of competency in IT literacy, communication, responsiveness, multitasking, and be comfortable working under pressure.
This is fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a great career with a well-established company.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. SUBMIT YOUR CV NOW
Any questions or to arrange a discreet chat, please email / 07515 325 150