We are currently recruiting for a Line Leader to effectively manage a line and any workers in your charge, you will need to ensure that the targets defined by the Supervisor are continually achieved.
Working hours - Monday- Friday NIGHT SHIFT 16:00PM - 12:30AM.
Location - Hull
Salary - is dependant on experience and will be discussed at interview stage!
Key Abilities / Training;
- Previous experience of FMCG Manufacturing would be desirable
- Experience managing a team - desirable
- knowledge of improvement tools and techniques
- Awareness of customer standards and ability to meet job requirements
- Responsibility for supervising all aspects of the area from delivering a best quality product to ensuring product are met at all times
- Ensure that lost production time is kept to a minimum
- Ensure an exceptional level of internal and external customer service is delivered at all times and minimal customer returns
- Liaise with the supervisor to identify the correct levels of staff required
- Effectively harness, motivate and develop the team
- Conduct CCP Checks relevant to the area
- Ensure closure of any CCP raised
- Report all defects regarding raw material, equipment & machinery
- Ensure all stocks are rotated
- Floor waste to be monitored and reduced
- approach and question any manager or supervisor if needed
- Ensure Temperatures are met to match customer requirements
- Recording & Monitoring Chemical lean certificates to ensure they meet customers requirements
- Deliver on key performance indicators
- Mentor and coach staff
- Improve processes and practices
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact of the environment
- Assume responsibility for the management of activities which ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality
- Ensure adherence to all standards and processes
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specs, COSHH Regulations and developments.
- Uphold good housekeeping and hygiene
- Review and update training requirements of the department in line
- Ensure that all staff have been given the appropriate level of training necessary to carry out their work within legislative and Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensure the Night shift hand over plan is correct and communicated
Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Site Environmental Permit, company HSE policies, site safety rules, and procedures at all time.
To identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise the risk
To effectively promote Health, Safety and Environmental awareness within your areas of control
Ensuring that all HSE information relevant to "preventative and protective measures" is communicated to your subordinate
Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, both in terms of people and the local area
Effectively manage energy and waste within the department
Work Area Skills;
- Actively promotes and communicates appropriate health and safety behaviours and environmental awareness
- Has knowledge of systems, processes and procedures
- Promotes KPI improvement in the department
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and processes
- Delivers quality and accuracy in own work and in that of the team
- Ensures that the area operates to the correct working standard
- Able to cope under pressure and flex with production peaks, ensuring the team are supported and achieve their objectives
- Able to identify problems
- Works to common goals/SMART objectives
- Ensures effective use of personal and team's time
- Communicates effectively to colleagues
- Effective management of the team by motivating people and coordinating tasks
- Ensures the team are adequately trained and that personal and technical skills are developed
- Able to motivate self and others
- Able to manage challenging situations in a professional manner and seeks amicable solutions
- Treats all colleagues with respect
If you are interested in this position, please apply now to avoid disappointment or email your CV directly who will review your application.
We are very sorry if we do not contact you, as you can imagine we receive 100s of applications and unfortunately, we cannot call everybody. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, this will mean you have not been selected to the next stage. Sorry for any inconvenience.