We are currently recruiting for a Litigation Executive to join a prestigious law firm based in Slough on a full time permanent basis starting as soon as possible. Your focus as a Litigation Executive is to support the personal injury department in processing their key clients' Portal work whilst providing a first class service to other clients.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Processing Ministry of Justice's Portal work (EL/PL/RTA) as part of the Portal team, responsible for own case load start to finish.
- Managing High volumes of low value PI claims.
- Liaising with external organisations such as Medical agencies, Medical expects, treatment providers, hospitals, GP Practices, Counsels & Defendant solicitors firms when required
- Assisting with initial instructions, including client contact, under supervision, telephone interviews and client appointments.
- Providing assistance to clients regarding funding arrangements
- Assisting collecting notes, reviewing and researching legal matters as directed
- Valuing claims using legal tools
- Calculating losses and drafting schedules
- Preparing infant settlement hearings
- Instructing counsel
- Drafting part 8 claim forms
- Drafting detailed letters of advice to clients where necessary
- Other administrative duties, when applicable
- Any other reasonable task required by management
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a basic level of legal expertise, perhaps at legal assistant or paralegal level to join a forward thinking firm where you will be supported in your legal career. You will be passionate about the legal sector, and have excellent customer service and communication skills. You will enjoy working in a fast paced environment managing a large caseload.
A starting salary of £20,900 is on offer, along with a good benefits package. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
Please apply now and we will be in touch to discuss your application from there.