Role - Livestock Team Member
Hours - Daily start times will be influenced by and be dependent on the planned movement of pigs each day, hours worked will be based on a 48 hour per week.
Location - HU12
Salary - Dependant on experience
An exciting opportunity is available with a very prestige client of ours; the role is for a Livestock Team Member to join their team in Preston, Hull. The main purpose of the role is to manage the Contracted pig rearing and Finishing farms in order to meet the business requirements as determined by the Company, in accordance with the appropriate Company Codes, Policies and Statutory Requirements.
Main duties include:
- Ensuring that animal welfare is in accordance with Company policies
- Ensure that Farm security systems are in place and implemented at all times
- Ensure that the Farms are maintained to the standards set by the Company and that they are in accordance with the Red Tractor and RSPCA schemes.
- Ensure that the five freedoms in respect of animal welfare are followed by all farm staff through instruction, observation and training
- Ensure that any breach of animal welfare is dealt with, according to Company directives
- Monitor and act in the event of a disease challenge or sub-standard piglets delivered to sites
- Oversee the selection of slaughter pigs to meet the target weight and quality
- Load, Unload and vaccinate pigs as required.
- Plan and inform the Admin team of all weekly stock movements, sign off feed deliveries and report mortalities
- Periodically attend Veterinary and Freedom Food audits and ensure all non-conformances are corrected within the timescale
- Accurate and prompt completion of weekly data to be forwarded to the office
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. SUBMIT YOUR CV NOW
Any questions or to arrange an out of hours chat, please email / 07515 325 150