We are seeking a long term temporary worker for an exciting opportunity within Minister of Defence.
The Temporary Worker will provide administrative support. He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision.
This is a key role within the Logistics Department of the Institute of Naval Medicine to procured goods and services to the site in line with MoD policy.
You will be required to:
- Monitor and vet orders that arrive into the department ensuring that the relevant information is available before actioning to ensure all audit trails are kept within policy guidelines.
- Place orders efficiently and effectively via the most appropriate route
- Monitor and hasten delivery of goods/services and presentation of invoices from Civilian and Government suppliers.
In the provide general administrative support to The Logistics Officer.
This role interacts with suppliers and many departments within the site, as such, you must have the ability to work in a customer-focused environment and communicate with staff at all levels.
- A basic knowledge of supply chain experience is be preferable, although training can be provided.
- To procure items demanded by the site in accordance with MoD policy.
- To provide general administrative support to the Logistics Officer.
- Ability to work in a customer-focused environment and communicate with staff at all levels.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSEs at Grade C or above or equivalent (including English Language or equivalent)
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 (or suitable clerical experience)
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office Good communication skills, both oral and written
Location: MOD - The institute of Naval Medicine, Gosport, PO12 2DL
Pay rate: 10.35/hour, M-F 37 hours per week
Length of assignment: till October 2020, possibility of extension
APPLY NOW if you are interested in a career within the Public Sector.