Logistics and Customs Administrator
£24,000 per annum, depending on experience
Join an Innovative company experiencing massive business growth!
This is a new opportunity for a Logistics / Shipping Coordinator with logistics processes including shipping and distribution within a manufacturing or production setting, for a new role based very close to Southampton.
Working Mon - Fri, 08:00 - 17:00, you'll be responsible for ensuring supplier documentation and paperwork is compliant, before completing the data entry onto Monthly End Use Documents.
If you have a background in logistics and shipping or dispatch then we want to hear from you!
About the Role
Working as a Logistics Coordinator, key responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the administration of Inbound & Outbound logistics and deliveries by service providers
- Align daily with Planning and Stores Teams to ensure logistics plan is effectively communicated
- Ensure logistics arrangements align with the production and shipping schedule and maximize OTD
- Clearing incoming shipments
- Provide support as main point of contact for transportation queries and issues
- Contract management of logistics service providers
- Ensure shipments are costed and invoiced correctly in accordance with agreed charges to ensure profitability
- Retain the necessary documentation and forms for audit purposes for controls and HMRC
- Maintain and share information on relevant import and export procedures, tariffs, duties, licenses and restrictions.
- Communicate with the relevant export and import authorities and couriers on a weekly basis
- Work with Customer Services and Sales to plan and implement shipment of goods
- Analyze and track logistics spend against budget, whilst providing recommendations for areas of improvements
Apply now to have a chat about this great opportunity with a leading employer.
What is in it for you?
In return for your hard work, you will be given:
- Basic salary up to £24k per annum, depending on experience and shift.
- The opportunity to upskill with training
- Pension plan
- Well-being activities
- Company events and perks
- Employee assistant schemes
- Free onsite parking
- Peer-to-peer recognition scheme and long-term service awards
What we need from you:
- Relevant experience of transport logistics processes including shipping and distribution would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of business finance procedures
- Experience in aspects of MRP systems and stock accuracy
- Experience of working with both customers and suppliers
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Office, Teams etc)
- Resilient and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Able to communicate well at all levels.
Want to hear more? Apply Now!
If you like the look of this Logistics and Customs Coordinator opportunity to work for an employer who cares about your success, future-proofing your career with leading training, please get in touch today by clicking apply.