Leicestershire Police are recruiting for a Secretary on a temporary basis to be based at Force HQ in Enderby.
The purpose of this role is to provide a complete secretarial and administration service to Chief Superintendent, Superintendents and Chief Inspectors and to also carry out clerical duties as directed by Superintendents
- To be educated to GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English Language or be able to demonstrate ability to the above level by work experience.
- To hold OCR 2 word processing or equivalent
- To include: experience in minute taking, preparing presentations and drafting correspondence.
- To include: experience in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Diary, Email and Internet.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop good working relationships within the team and effective contact and involvement with outside agencies/external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess new information and re-organise to meet new demands whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability for all written and spoken communication to be concise and well-structured adapting the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide a high level service to customers, whilst maintaining contact working out the issues and responding as necessary.
- Demonstrates and display a positive willingness and aptitude to a changing working environment
- Demonstrates the ability to provide a high-quality service to individuals and the communities we serve.
- Demonstrates the ability to take personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results. Whilst displaying motivation, commitment, perseverance, conscientiousness and a high degree of integrity.
If you are interested in this post and have the suitable skill set required, please apply. The successful applicant will be required to go through the Police vetting process which requires you to have lived in the UK for the last three years and can take approx 4-6 weeks to complete.