Machine Operator needed ASAP in Bishops Stortford area.
Position: Technical Machine Operator (Nights)
Pay Rate: £10.20 per hour, raising to £11.40 from 11:00PM - 6:00AM for night shift allowance
Hours: 7:00PM - 7:00AM
Days: 4 on 4 off
As a Technical Machine Operator you will work within your area to deliver against daily output plans. You will actively drive performance and planned downtime activities, ensuring that you minimise losses. You will take part in and assist in the training of your teams to maintain a multi-skilled workforce.
You will be required to carry out Quality Control activities, escalate any non conformance's through the correct channels. Working in a safe and efficient manner as part of the team is essential. Machine operation will also be required.
- The ability to set-up and operate at least 3 machines/processes within area.
- Basic Machine Operational Setup (Changeovers)
- Production Quality Control
- Ensuring Hygiene Standards are met.
- Consistently adhere to the Company's Health and Safety rules and procedures as outlined in the company handbook.
- Ensure all Chemical usage is in accordance with COSHH
- All Staff are required to work to a high standard as defined in the company handbook.
- Ensure all operational controls are completed to the required site standards.
- All required documentation is to be completed to the required standards.
- A good all round general education, GCSE's (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Previous experience in similar/same role in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of machinery and experience in chemical use and handling
- Must have an understanding and experience of food processing operations
- Possess good IT skills and an understanding of SAP systems, Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Candidate will posses the following Personal qualities and experience.
- The ability to work to Targets and Deadlines
- Good practical skills
- The ability to work quickly and methodically
- A pro-active approach to problem-solving skills
- The ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- A willingness to learn & work flexibly.
If you are interested please apply!