We are now recruiting for a Maintenance & Facilities Assistant to work for a well established business of excellence in the property investment industry.
Contribute to an excellent hospitality & customer service experience through provision of the highest standard of repair & maintenance delivery including; decoration; cyclical maintenance; supervision & planning of works carried out by external contractors and; grounds maintenance activities.
Working Hours - Flexible 37.5 hour working week
- To provide an excellent customer focused service delivery:
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Consistently provide value for money solutions to all facility related services
- To participate in other ad hoc duties as and when this is required by the Hospitality Manager or Facilities Manager
- To provide an effective hard & soft facilities management service:
- Maintain records of site operation in an accurate and structured way
- Carry out fire alarm tests, emergency light flick tests, basic water hygiene tests (such as taking temperatures and cleaning shower heads, fire evacuations and other health & safety activities as required on a site specific basis
- Administer all property maintenance & other records in accordance with our client's policies & procedures, utilising online FM portal
- Maintain adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning
- To respond to calls outside office hours which cannot be resolved without a presence on site referring to appropriate contractors as necessary
- To ensure the property is well maintained in high functioning, safe and secure manner:
- Undertake basic repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including: plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting (following training)and; required statutory testing ,such as PAT testing
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Ensure all common parts of the site are maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- To ensure the effective provision of gardens and grounds maintenance:
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Establish in partnership with line manager, the site cleaning regime including; performance specification; daily schedule of work and; refuse disposal arrangements
- To ensure all aspects of Health & Safety are delivered & monitored:
- Manage & maintain all statutory testing records
- Assist the FM team in supervising periodical testing including items such as water tank clean, fire alarm servicing or passenger lift servicing
- Report any incidents or accidents to the Facilities Manager and Hospitality Manager using the correct system and documentation
- Undertake contractor appraisals and ensure all method statements & safe systems of work are appropriate & complied with
- Supervising Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site and retain accurate records of their site operations.
If you feel your skills and experience will be relevant to this role, please apply now.