Our Killingworth based client is looking for an experienced Maintenance Officer to join their well- established charitable organisation.
The successful candidate will be required to travel between different sites therefore you will need a full driving licence and your own vehicle.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 4:30pm with the possibility of overtime.
- Working closely with your Facilities Manager to provide level of Facilities Management to the site to undertake varying degrees of facilities and repair works across the site.
- To conduct routine compliance checks as per Estates checklists at different periods.
- To refurbish and redecorate areas of the unit(s) as requested. This should not involve major refurbishments or repositioning works
- To ensure that the security features of the units are maintained, including perimeter fencing, lighting, CCTV and other features where fitted.
- To supervise contractors entering and working on site. To authorise the completions of contractors' work and file all day work sheets.
- To ensure that all garden furniture is regularly inspected visually for safety, stored securely and if unsafe, withdrawn from use until repaired.
- To carry out basic repairs internally and externally.
- To carry out regular visual inspection of all plant, fixtures and fittings, reporting any concerns to the Facilities Manager for repair as necessary.
- To drive company vehicles for staff, supplies collections and other authorised journeys.
- To receive deliveries of goods and ensure that they are moved safely and promptly to the correct storage area.
- To undertake the Gardening job description where no gardener or contractor is employed
- To accompany any visitors including contractors, Fire Officers etc.
- To visit other Services as required to offer cover for any holiday/sickness or assistance.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the facilities Manager and other relevant staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required and ability to complete maintenance documentation records.
- Knowledge of Fire Risk Assessments
- Ability to meet strict timescales and target dates
- Carrying out general gardening duties including mowing grassed areas, tending to planted areas, cutting back shrubbery and bushes/hedges etc
- Experience in a similar role or have experience in a trade.
- Experience of receiving reactive maintenance requests
- The ability to prioritise own workload
- Able to multi task and manage a number of projects at any one time.
The successful candidate will need to undergo an Enhanced DBS check, therefore anyone with the relevant experience who has a transferable DBS will be considered as a priority.
To apply "click below"