I am recruiting for a Maintenance Technician for a national organisation who are based in the Small Heath area of Birmingham. They are offering a permanent contract with a negotiable salary of circa £15p/h (£30,000 annual) dependent on experience.
As the Maintenance Technician you will be working in a busy distribution centre ensuring the smooth running of all systems including conveyor belts, many of the machines/systems are highly electrical so knowledge of electrics is key. You will also be tasked to ensure the maintenance of the building and any refurbishment work, monitoring and maintaining tools and spare parts.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- General building and refurbishment work
- Reacting in a timely manner, to day-to-day general maintenance requirements
- Change and remedial work
- Playing an active part in carrying out the preventative maintenance programme for the automated conveyor system
- Monitor and maintain adequate tools and spare parts within the department, to ensure business continuity
Currently working shifts between 7am-10pm but this changing in the not too distant future to shifts operating 24/7 so full flexibility will be required to cover a 24/7 distribution centre.
- Previous maintenance experience, including building and refurbishment work
- Experience within electrical maintenance
- Experience working on conveyor systems
- Experience of working to Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules
- Worked within a busy Distribution centre would be ideal
- Awareness of COSHH and general knowledge of H&S at work policies would be ideal
- Trade qualification e.g. Electrical, Carpentry or Plumbing would be ideal
- Fully flexible with the potential of 24/7 shift rotational pattern
- Punctuality and Reliability
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a team, but also on own initiative
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Basic salary of circa £30,000 (£15p/h) dependant on experience
- Free on-site parking
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Access to over 250 discounts including high street and online shopping, travel, technology, entertainment, food and drink
- Staff discounts on all products
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***