Brook Street Recruitment is recruiting a Maintenance Technician on behalf of our client, a growing manufacturing company in Derry / Londonderry
Please note that this job is located in NORTHERN IRELAND
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for making sure that equipment is serviced, runs smoothly and they are maintained to a high standard with safety being the number one goal.
You will work closely with the manufacturing team to overcome complexed process issues, machine upgrades and repeat problems while ensuring robust corrective actions are implemented.
Performing tasks such as:
* Ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
* Acquiring knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation.
* Complying with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
* Responsibility for working on material converting machines with regards to repairs, breakdowns of an electrical and mechanical nature while maintaining a safely system of work.
* Responsibility for carrying out regular preventative maintenance tasks and checks these are in accordance with SOP`s and schedules of work.
* Responsibility for stores inventory management in regards to using systems to maintain minimum stock levels.
*Taking responsibility for continuous improvement project in relation to CTO and also to align with company goals and objectives.
* Willingly taking the opportunity to lead projects, train others and be part of a world class team of technicians.
* Willingly take the opportunity to learn new process and complete the necessary training to move with a world class organisation.
* Performing other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified
* Completed an Electrical apprenticeship, obtain an ONC (ordinary national certificate) in electrical engineering or equivalent and have a three-year post apprenticeship primarily in a multi- batch production environment with a muti-skilled bias.
* Proven knowledge of COSHH and relevant H&S regulations
* Have the ability to analytical think and problem-solving skills with regards to complex and simple machine issues.
* Have a good knowledge of PLC`s, Pneumatics, control systems e.g. transducers, signal Conversion, temperature and basic knowledge of building maintenance
The role will involve working on a shift pattern of 24/7 which is a combination of days and night shifts 07:00-19:00 and 19:00-07:00.
Some of the company benefits are Life Insurance, 33 holiday days per year based on full time hours (34 after 2 years` service), Healthshield Health Cash Plan.
The salary range for this role is £22.5k -£23.5k
If interested please send CV via the link