My client, a global Insurance company are looking for a Management Accountant.
Objective of the Role
" To ensure the integrity of financial data from external sources, and between finance systems and operational systems.
" Review of revenue, profitability/loss ratio analysis & scheme technical review and production of financial reports for regular meetings with other departments.
" Supporting Finance in the production and review of financial statements as per Internal and Group accounting requirements.
Thirty-five hours per week. However, due to the nature of this role hours may vary in line with the needs of the business.
" Supporting Head of Accounting with the processing and production of Allianz Partners accounting for three BUs accounted for in the local office. Monthly, quarterly and annual accounts as per internal and Group requirements. This includes IFRS, Dimension reporting and other group and management schedules and get varied from time to time with local and group business needs.
" Ensure alignment of accounting systems: Agresso/GRP (SAP)/BCS balances and transactions.
" Business Partner across the business with finance colleagues, sales, client support, underwriting and operation areas to ensure integrity and reliability of internal financial information and processes for both internal and external clients.
" Ensure accounting processes and controls are implemented for new products, data interfaces and client requirements and existing processes and controls are reviewed and maintained, working closely with Accounting & Reporting colleagues, Planning & Controlling colleagues and other department colleagues as necessary.
" Completion of monthly & quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, business performance reviews, client statements and detailed investigation / analyses.
" Ad-hoc reporting for Underwriters, Account Managers and other Allianz Partners internal users.
" Attend and take an active part in regular formal and informal Accounting & Reporting team meetings.
" Liaise with the client account managers, underwriters, client support and business development managers to support responsibility for accurate and on-time accounting & reporting.
Education / Training / Qualifications
- Educated to Degree standard or equivalent
- At least 3 A levels average grade B+, or equivalent
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA part qualified with relevant business / accounting degree
- At least 3 years directly relevant accounting experience
- Understanding of Insurance business and connected accounting concepts
Special Skills and Knowledge
- A sound understanding of integrated accounting systems
- High level system skills including Excel
- Hand on working experience on recognised Accounting Applications - please list
- Experience in medium+ size company
- Experience in system implementations
Aptitude / Personality
- Proactive and inquisitive
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - collaborates with colleagues and other departments providing timely and effective feedback to internal and external clients
- Strong organisation skills and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work collaboratively with non-finance managers
- Focuses on high priority actions and plans work and communicates accordingly
- Ongoing focus on review and improving processes with a target of simplification
- Diplomatic - refrains from judgement and gives and takes constructive criticism