My government client is looking for a management accounts officer to join a busy team working at the Soap Works in Salford.
* Experience of using Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level.
* Ability to work collaboratively, developing successful relationships between own team and other areas. Experience of using a variety of communication styles.
* Adopting and promoting an organisational culture that is positive about change
* Experience of working independently to tight deadlines
* CCAB qualified, or equivalent, or part qualified accountant or qualified by experience
* Good knowledge of public sector finance processes and procedures
Month End Reporting and Integrity
* Assist in the production and distribution of financial reports to required timescales.
* Take responsibility for material journal adjustments and accruals; ensure all adjustments are signed off and posted within the required timescales.
* Understand the impact of the Home Office Blueprint on the structure of the Chart of Accounts and provide support to data cleanse the system, working proactively to close down cost centres on a significant scale.
* Under necessary actions coming out of the HO Finance Change Programme work streams requiring support and supporting Programme team to deliver.
* Assisting with the consolidation of the overall forecast for the business area, providing a narrative explanation of material changes and summary level supporting volumes, for discussion and sign-off by the FBP.
* In response to team monitoring, improve the quality of the forecasts in terms of accuracy and volatility against actual income and expenditure. Identify the source of inaccuracy and work with partners to improve quality and contemporariness of data.
* Adopt standardised systems and processes to ensure a consistent approach is taken, processes are well documented and managers are able to cover all data models to ensure team resilience during staff absences or peaks in activity.
* Supporting structural change e.g. hierarchy changes and revised budget delegations
The successful applicant will be required to provide three years worth of references and undertake specific vetting for the role.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply online with an up to date CV or contact for more information.