Brook Street (UK Limited is recruiting a full time and permanent Manufacturing Team Leader for our client in Derry/ Londonderry.
The purpose of the job is to ensure that all direct staff comply with company Health and Safety procedures and processes.
The candidate hired for this role will also be responsible for the management of the production employees on shift, this is with the support of the Shift Performance Manager
* Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
* Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation
* Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work
* Support the Shift Performance Manager to deliver the highest quality, risk free products through the effective deployment of WCOM/lean six sigma practice
* Achieve shift production targets on time and to our quality system standards
* Diagnose problem causes and take corrective action
* Ensure team are constantly informed regarding Gainshare metrics
* Ensure that Manufacturing personnel perform the required quality inspections.
* Resolve minor Quality exceptions quickly and effectively through Q up or other means
* Escalate quality exceptions that cannot be resolved by quality representative
* Coach and mentor, development programmes
* Disciplinary & Grievance, Absence management, investigations, performance appraisals, succession planning, create positive partnerships, supervising and motivating.
* Team communications/meetings provide constructive feedback, visual management, regular performance presentations.
* SAP problem solving, accurately and timely.
* Adherence to schedule, adjusting schedules as needed, liaising with planning to ensure efficiency.
* A minimum of three years' experience in a regulated manufacturing environment in a supervisory capacity.
* Evidence of using initiative to improve performance or Health & Safety compliance within your area which would demonstrate your leadership ability.
* Willingness to undertake rotational shifts with varying patterns dependant on business needs.
* Strong verbal and written skills.
* SAP knowledge / experience
There is a very lucrative starting salary for this role plus 30% shift allowance for this position
If interested, please send CV via the apply link