Brook Street (UK Limited is recruiting a full time and permanent Manufacturing Team Leader for our client in Derry/ Londonderry. Northern Iteland.
The candidate hired will be responsible to ensure that all direct staff comply with company procedures and processes and to manage the manufacturing production employees on shift with the support of the Shift Performance Manager.
Also to ensure the smooth running of production process, ensuring that all products are produced to the specified specifications and that targets and deadlines are met to achieve the orders. Review performance and identify training needs whilst driving motivation.
* Ensure that safe working practices are always adhered to , including wearing PPE as appropriate.
* Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation
* Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work
* Support the Shift Performance Manager to deliver the highest quality, risk free products through the effective deployment of WCOM/lean six sigma practice
* Achieve shift production targets on time and to our quality system standards
* Diagnose problem causes and take corrective action
* Ensure team are constantly informed regarding Gainshare metrics
* Ensure that Manufacturing personnel perform the required quality inspections.
* Resolve minor Quality exceptions quickly and effectively through Q up or other means
* Escalate quality exceptions that cannot be resolved by quality representative
* Coach and mentor, development programmes
* Disciplinary & Grievance, Absence management, investigations, performance appraisals, succession planning, create positive partnerships, supervising and motivating.
* Team communications/meetings provide constructive feedback, visual management, regular performance presentations.
* SAP problem solving, accurately and timely.
* Adherence to schedule, adjusting schedules as needed, liaising with planning to ensure efficiency.
* A minimum of three years' experience in a regulated manufacturing environment in a supervisory capacity.
* Evidence of using initiative to improve performance or Health & Safety compliance within your area which would demonstrate your leadership ability.
* Willingness to undertake rotational shifts with varying patterns dependant on business needs.
* Strong verbal and written skills.
* A clean disciplinary record
* SAP knowledge / experience
There is a very lucrative starting salary for this role - can be disclosed on application
If interested, please send CV via the apply link