Marketing Executive / Circa £26k DOE
Brook Street are very happy to be working with as one of the largest and most trusted apprenticeship training providers in Hampshire with a proven track record spanning over 40 years.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Marketing professional to join their forward thinking organisation.
The Marketing Executive will be based in our client's head office in Cosham and will be responsible for developing and coordinating company-wide marketing strategies in collaboration with Senior and Departmental Managers.
About the job:
The marketing position involves supporting our client's organisation in developing and leading marketing initiatives (e.g. provision of content and copy, development of promotional plans, webinars, digital and printed materials and proactive management of all online activities such as social media, website, Google Adwords, SEO, etc.).
Main responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordination, planning and production of all marketing materials and related activities (including company stationery and signage).
- Manage quality control measures including proof and sign-off processes for all marketing materials for use within or external to the business.
- Manage and control marketing costs ensuring all expenditure is within budget.
- Compile and implement an appropriate marketing plan aligned to the company's annual business plan and objectives in conjunction with departmental managers implementing new ideas to support the achievement of recruitment targets and business income generation.
- Undertake copywriting and proof reading of marketing materials including course guides, website copy, social media activity and other publications.
- Co-ordinate, organise and promote events and activities including attendance at external and internal events where required.
- Manage, co-ordinate and administer the maintenance and updating of the company's website to ensure it is current, accurate and reflects the company's branding, quality and professionalism at all times.
- Maintain a programme of proactive PR activity with particular emphasis on attracting positive coverage in local, regional, national and specialist media.
- Monitor and evaluate press coverage and media relations; co-ordinate and prepare responses and press release to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Evaluate events/marketing activities and related impact by writing reports to feedback information, impact assessment and to inform future development.
- Ensure all marketing and promotional activities are in accordance with legislation.
Who's right for the job?
The successful candidate will have substantial experience of working in a marketing and communications role and of using a range of marketing tools and techniques, including in a business to business role.
They will be an inspiring and enthusiastic team player who has a positive outlook and a solution-focused approach. They will also be self-motivated and innovative in generating ideas and practical solutions.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating integrated marketing or communications campaigns (including digital) and plans to meet objectives
- Significant experience of working both independently and as part of a broader team
- Experience of utilising integrated multi-channel marketing techniques to build and deliver successful campaigns
- Ability to ensure consistency of house style and understanding of branding principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in relation to all stakeholders
- Ability to work by and to objectives to ensure that materials produced reflect the objectives and principles agreed by the organisation
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to tight timescales with minimum supervision
- Able to work using initiative, independently and as part of an effective team
- Excellent copy writing skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to build effective working relationships at a variety of levels
- Able to develop an understanding of different market and audience needs and tailor work to meet those needs
- Ability to manage a marketing budget
- Able to think creatively to develop content, activities and solutions
- Full current Driving Licence and access to a car
Desirable requirements for this role:
- Advanced knowledge and competence to use software, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and other software (mostly Microsoft Office)
- CIM Level 3-4 for above qualification
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work our client offers the opportunity of a permanent role and a competitive salary of between circa £26,000 per annum, depending on experience. The hours will be 37.5 per week (Monday - Friday, 8.30am to 5pm including an hour for lunch). In addition you will receive free on-site parking, 26 days holiday + bank holidays (rising with time served), life insurance, company pension plan, childcare voucher schemes and excellent training and development programmes.
Local travel is involved so a car is necessary for which a business travel allowance will be paid (currently at 45p per mile).
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and initial interviews will be arranged as soon as possible and to be held on 17th April 2019.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant will be requested to undertake a DBS (formerly CRB) check.
If you are interested in the role please apply via the advert or contact Ben Grice at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to Ben.Grice (at) brookstreet.co.uk.