The role of a Marshall will be to provide support and guidance to help visitors navigate and move around the court houses/hearing centres safely and in a safe and time efficient way. Marshalls will be based at courthouses across the regions and will be pivotal to the smooth running of our services.
- Supporting visitors flow in and out of the courthouse/hearing centres
- Guiding visitors through the courts, ensuring adherence to one-way systems and waiting room safety protocols
- Ensuring visitors adhere to social distancing guidance, including conducting queue management where required
- Providing clear and concise verbal instructions to people moving through the courthouse/hearing centres
- Ensure that visitors are wearing a face covering before entering the court building/hearing centre, by asking them to wear a face covering or supplying them with a face mask on entry
- Supply visitors with exemptions from wearing face masks, with the appropriate card/notice or escort them to a separate room to wait if required
- Identify/act to address COVID Safety breaches and escalate as appropriate
- Liaise frequently with Security and Ushers, to keep them updated with any relevant information pertinent to court hearings.
The post holder is required to work in a flexible way and undertake any other duties reasonably requested by line management which are commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post
Experience / skills required:
o The ability to work well under pressure and manage your own workload.
o The ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team
o To hold excellent communication skills and a natural desire and passion to help people
o The ability to deliver clear and assertive instructions
o Flexibility and resilience to adapt to changes
o Excellent team working skills
o Ability to use initiative in situations
An ENHANCED DBS will be required for this role
Please be advised - Due to the High Volume of applicants for the role, only suitable candidates will be contacted by telephone