My client is a market leading innovation company who are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to deliver detailed mechanical designs for products and processes for internal and external customers as part of the Engineering Team.
- Develops solutions and designs to satisfy mechanical requirements.
- Provides advice and engineering support in mechanical aspects of design.
- Gains an understanding of the products, processes and designs across the site's product range.
- Uses deductive reasoning to solve problems
- Works well as part of the Engineering Team in a supportive, collaborative, and co-operative manner.
- Manages own workload in order to complete allocated tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Expert in the design and development process and procedures.
- Displays attention to detail in producing technical documentation.
- Correct interpretation, understanding and application of a wide variety of technical documents including drawings, work instructions and test procedures.
- Keeps track of multiple tasks and projects.
- Capable of interrogating the company's IT networks and databases.
Who are you:
- Degree or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline, or equivalent vocational training in a relevant industrial environment
- Solid experience in the detailed design of machined parts
- Design for manufacture
- Ability to demonstrate original thinking and an innovative approach to problem solving, from top-level concept to piece-part design.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques appropriate to small batch production
- Hands-on experience of 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Problem solving & lateral thinking
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to demonstrate scientific literacy
- Knowledge of opto-mechanical principles and kinematic techniques
- (D & P) FMEA analysis
- Familiarity with ISO 9001
- Knowledge of engineering workshop theory and practice
- Knowledge of geometrical tolerance
- Experience with ceramic parts design for high-precision, high-stability (mechanical & thermal) assemblies
- Experience of low-out gassing materials in high vacuum applications
- Experience of thermal management strategies
- Experience of finite elements analysis
Start Date ASAP, working hours will be 37.5 hours per week
Due to the site rules the successful candidate must be a non-smoker/Vaper
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 02380 683 444 or apply now