Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Program Manager. This is a contract role based in Cambridge for 18 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, access to online learning and training.
Salary: Up to £117,370 plus 5% end of contract bonus per annum depending on skills and experience
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing, sourcing, assembling and testing mechanical systems required to support ongoing research activities
- Varing from static alignment mounts to actuator mechanisms and stages
- Interactively taking and developing requirements from the team to find appropriate solutions in a collaborative environment
- The team is agile, and priorities and tasks can change rapidly.
- Influencing high impact, disruptive projects
- The solutions developed are overwhelmingly for prototype systems, often with fast iteration rates. We have a fail-fast attitude where experimentation and risk are embraced
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
- An Engineering Degree / HNC / HND or relevant experience and training
- Expert using Solidworks and producing toleranced manufacturing drawings
- Experience working with CNC machinists to source precision parts
- Light machining
- Motors / Motor control loops
- Simulation tools (preferably Ansys)
- The ideal candidate will have experience with systems requiring sub micrometre accuracy and alignment understanding sources of and mitigations for vibrations and manufacturing tolerances
- Methods of fabrication to include CNC machining and 3D printing: Sheet metal work, Stage systems, Optical systems
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 8th October at 4:00pm