Main Purpose of the Job:
To support both the Engineering and Logistics functions within the organisation.
To receive, assemble, process, pack, and dispatch products to our customers on or ahead of due dispatch dates.
Key Result Areas:
- Reach and maintain a good understanding of the full scope of tasks and documentary procedures throughout the department.
- The supporting of the engineering function within the organisation.
- Accurate and timely processing in order to meet required deadlines.
- The supporting of quality assurance and quality awareness within the company.
The position of Logistics and Systems Technician is an important role in the organisation requiring the following key character and proficiency attributes:
- An understanding of basic mechanical drawings and electronic schematics
- Competent soldering skills
- Competent mechanical assembly and building skills using the tools provided
- Prototype wiring and assembly
- Self-motivation to work unassisted when required
- Self-confidence and diplomacy to liaise internally & externally
- Positive attitude to change for improvement
- Ability to make decisions based on information gathered
- Computer literacy
- General knowledge of other departmental functions
- Support the Engineering and Technical sections with regard design and build of various test equipment
- Carrying out modifications to generic product to meet requirements
- Carrying out component level rework on failed products
- Building kits and adaptors
- Customer Coding, and Coding checks
- Testing of products: Final Smoke, Calibration, Function Tests, Sounder Tests, EOL
- Quality checks for products in Final Inspection
- Small volume assembly in Production
- Understanding basic mechanical drawings and electronic schematics
- Follow all instructions given by their immediate superior
- Ensure that all documentation is completed and passed to the appropriate personnel
- Follow the appropriate work's instructions for all duties
- Achieve and maintain all the required process times for all duties
- Good communication and assistance to your colleagues creating a beneficial working environment
35 hours a week. Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm.
Salary - £23,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.