Salary: £31000-33000 per annum dependant on qualifications & experience
Main purpose of the job:
The role of the Mechanical Trainer/Assessor is to deliver, assess and where necessary offer support to learners engaged in Mechanical engineering courses up to level 3, in accordance with the awarding body guidelines. The role will also include the progressive development of the Mechanical engineering curriculum and the material associated with its delivery.
The role may also include other tasks as directed by the Training Manager. The delivery and assessment of Mechanical engineering courses up to level 3. The development of Mechanical engineering course delivery material and ensuring compliance with awarding body standards.
Main duties and responsibilities
To deliver and assess Mechanical engineering courses up to and including level three. To develop and maintain the current Mechanical engineering course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses. Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement. Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures. (ILP etc). To review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis. Assume responsibility for meeting his/her course and learner performance goals. To ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented and completed for each learner. Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/ group basis. To assist in the overall development of the training centre. To assist in the delivery of course material outside of the subject of Mechanical engineering. To prepare and assist in internal and external audits. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Training Manager.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
This role will require the following core competencies:
- Have a minimum of three years Mechanical experience in industry.
- Hold a level three qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Have a sound knowledge of Mechanical engineering principles
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Communicates effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners, employers and other professionals
- Car driver
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Hold an assessor qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
- Machining experience or a recognised qualification
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
- Has experience of delivering and developing Mechanical Engineering courses
- An understanding of the Advanced Apprenticeship Framework and the funding process
- Knowledge of alternative teaching/learning options
- An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications
- Has experience of Training Needs Analysis and Programme Design
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
- Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Patient and shows control in challenging situations
- Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Shows leadership when appropriate, but is also a good team player
- Clear thinking and a simple communicator
Terms of Employment: Permanent & full-time