Medical Secretary - job description- £27,000-£32,000 pa- Mon - Fri
My client, a top private GP practice with three sites (one on Harley Street, and two in-house at a major law firms in the City of London), is looking for someone to join its team on a permanent basis.
The position will require a flexible attitude and willingness to learn and we are particularly looking for someone with a keen eye for detail.
The role will hold the primary agency within the practice regarding the doctors' outgoing correspondence, with responsibilities as follow:
- Liaising with our external typing service, who transcribe the doctors' dictation files offsite.
- In the minority of urgent cases, personally typing doctors' dictation files.
- Formatting and proofreading the typed letters into our patient management system templates.
- Emailing checked letters to management and doctors for approval and incorporating final changes.
- Printing and preparing letters, attachments and envelopes for posting, pending the doctor's signature.
- Maintaining the schedule for contacting patients with reminders regarding uncompleted tests that had been recommended by a doctor.
- Ensuring all results are dealt with by the corresponding doctor and that all letters are turned around efficiently and in a timely manner.
Administrative tasks may also include, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities which are shared with other staff:
- Answering the phone.
- Booking appointments and practice diary management. Sending confirmation of appointment emails.
- Greeting patients, taking payments.
- Chasing results/correspondence from specialists/medical lab.
- Contacting patients with results when instructed by the doctor.
- Assisting patients/doctors with sourcing consultant appointments and liaising with consultants' secretaries to facilitate the referral pathway.
- Managing patients' requests for repeat prescriptions.
- Management of electronic patient records including registration of new patients.
- Addressing any IT problems via our IT support company.
- Stock checks/reordering of stationery, medical supplies and vaccines.
- Scanning and distribution of incoming patient correspondence.
- Booking couriers.
- Occasional special projects such as: flu recall, practice questionnaire, market research etc
- Some invoicing patients (and possibly chasing unpaid invoices).
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background as a Medical Secretary within a private clinic (3-4 years)
- A knowledge of copy typing/audio typing
- An organised and motivated work attitude
- A mature and discreet personality
Location: West end
Hours: Mon- Friday 8-5 or 9-6