Medical Secretary - Orthopaedic
Salary: up to £28,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and flexible Medical Secretary to support the Urology Consultant located within a luxury and high end private hospital based in the North West of London.
You would responsible for providing an efficient administrative support to the department and Consultant on a daily basis. This role would cover a variety of specialisms as you would be assisting the team on a daily basis whilst working closely with both internal and external departments in order to deliver exceptional services to the patients.
What are the Responsibilities of this Medical Secretary role?
- Ensuring the timely processing of all patient related information, including clinic letters, reports, referrals, appointments, admissions, and all , general enquiries.
- Ensuring that all correspondence is handled within the required timeframes.
- To be responsible for booking all appointments and co-ordinate theatre bookings as required.
- Handling any outstanding invoices for patients, insurers or third parties to ensure prompt payment.
What we are looking for:
- A considerable working background within Private Hospitals (minimum 3 years)
- Strong WPM count - this role will involve a high volume of typing
- An organised attitude towards heavy workloads
- A knowledge of DGL (preferable)
Why apply for this role as a Medical Secretary?
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- 27 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme