Mental Health Panel Member
This is an exciting opportunity for a solicitor or paralegal (2:1) with appropriate mental health experience, including mental capacity to join one of the largest and most well-respected mental health team in the country, based within Newcastle city centre. Must be a Mental Health Panel Member to be considered for the role.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, confident and capable and will be able to work well as part of a team, as well as individually.
As a Solicitor within the firm you will be responsible to the Partners and your duties will include:
- To work within such area or areas of Law as shall from time to time be agreed with the Partners
- Mental Health Panel Membership is Essential to be considered for this role
- To advise, assist and represent clients or the firm, acting at all times in accordance with the proper professional standards, and observing at all times the Professional Rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- To have responsibility for such caseload as shall be agreed between you and the Partner(s) responsible for the area(s) of work previously agreed and to act efficiently and effectively in respect of such caseload
- To ensure that at all times you have the necessary knowledge of the area or areas of law in which you are engaged so as to attain proper professional standards, and to keep up to date with developments in the area or areas of law by reading appropriately and attending such training course as shall be approved by the Partners
- To participate fully in any time recording system, and to observe and apply fully any file management procedures as shall be in operation within the firm
- To ensure that the billing of files is carried out efficiently and at the earliest opportunity
- To participate in supervision sessions in respect of your caseload as and when reasonably required
- To carry out effectively and efficiently such administrative tasks as shall be reasonably requested by the Partners or the Practice Support Manager
- To provide such advice, supervision and training to all staff as shall be reasonably required by the Partners
The firm offer fantastic holiday entitlement and social/team bonding activities with a competitive salary.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time