Are you seeking a career as a Recovery Worker? Do you have a NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social care or equivalent? If so then I have the perfect career prospect for YOU!!!
Mental Health Recovery Worker
40 hours full time - £21,944
My client is providing 3 Recovery Houses, 24 hour/7 days a week support services, for those with mental health issues. The Recovery Houses offers various interventions and treatments within the acute care pathway, working with clinical teams to maintain and improve quality of life. The services are based on service users needs and will only provide short-term accommodation up to 14 days to those who do not require inpatient admissions.
As a Mental Health Recovery Worker You will understand the concept of Recovery and apply those principles to develop an environment and service that enhances recovery, you will also:
- Put the service-user at the centre of their support and promote optimism and hope for their increased independence
- Provide intensive support (both practical and emotional) to people undergoing a period of mental health related crisis
- Act as a positive influence on service-users encouraging responsible behaviour and self reliance to people residing in the Service
- Support people in a way that maximises their self-sufficiency and enables them to live independently upon discharge from the service
- To ensure recovery focused support plans are created, reviewed, evaluated and amended in accordance with changing needs, presenting risks and individual preferences in order to promote recovery
- Undertake keyworking responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/Service Manager
- To be flexible and responsive to the needs of service-users as directed by their personal support plan
- To provide recovery focused support to achieve personal goals/aspirations in partnership with service-users, family members and statutory agencies. To work with service-users on a one to one basis to achieve positive outcomes within the given service timeframe
- Use person centred tools to support recovery and development of service-users
- Support service-users to undertake domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure service-users enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- To act at all times in accordance with the aims, philosophy and practice of the project.
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives and duties of this post
- The ability to be self servicing in the terms of computer/word processing is a requirement of this post. If the appropriate I.T. skills are not gained by the recruitment stage, appropriate training may be provided by Look Ahead
- At least an NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social care, or equivalent
- Experience of support work with people with mental health related support needs
If you feel you`re suitable for the role or just have a general enquiry, then please send your up to date CV to Orion at BS Social Care: or contact me directly on 0208 918 1420.