Bradford Combined Court
Full Time Mon-Fri 9-5 37 hours per week
The key purpose of the role is to manage the courtrooms to ensure that cases are dealt with promptly in liaison with judiciary, legal professionals and staff and to ensure that all subsequent results are accurately & promptly recorded in line with targets. Also to ensure that all ancillary duties are carried out effectively.
- To ensure that a comprehensive log is kept of representation orders and that a judge's report is available at all sentence hearings.
- To accurately prepare case summaries for Resident Judge.
- To ensure that applications for representation orders are checked and approved upon authorisation of Judge.
- To determine all claims for costs including re-determinations, Prior Authority and Wasted Costs and provide written reasons in accordance with the appropriate regulations and within targets.
- To determine accurately witnesses' expenses within target times and provide written reasons upon request when required in accordance with guidelines.
- Process general correspondence within target and in particular procedural deadlines for any resulting amendments.
- Ensure compliance with financial and operational risk management policies when determining and processing costs in accordance with department guidelines.
Undertake any allocated tasks as part of the role i.e. PA Role to Judiciary when required; arranging marshalling and swearing in of Justices
Please click apply or contact to express your interest