Mortgage Processor / Administrator
£20,000 - £22,500 per annum, depending on experience
Are you looking for work in the Southampton area for a growing financial company with a vibrant and close-knit team environment?
Are you professional, have a great eye for detail and a knack for building strong relationships?
Do you have previous customer service and administration experience in a financial environment?
If you answered yes on all of the above, then read on:
Brook Street is proud to be working with one of the leading and professional finance company based in the Southampton area that prides itself on the service it offers to its customers.
The Mortgage Processor role will include liaising predominantly with clients, lenders and brokers in order to meet deadlines, processing documents and checking for errors, taking calls from all parties with a view to providing updates, answering queries or transferring calls and taking ownership of a case load of mortgage applications.
You will be responsible for taking a client's mortgage application from submission through to offer, working alongside the client and the sales team to provide a quality, professional service and add real value to the client's complete journey to financing their home.
Who's right for the job?
Our ideal candidate will;
- Have strong processing and administrative experience from a financial background
- Will ideally have at least 12months experience as a processor or underwriter
- Work well as an individual and as part of a team
- Have excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Professional communication manner, both written and verbally
- Be self-motivated with the drive to exceed clients expectations
- Adhere to company procedures and industry regulation
- Be passionate about helping people
About the job:
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Completing affordability checks & supporting the mortgage brokers with applications.
- Reviewing customer applications ensuring all documentation & requirements are correct.
- Using different software systems including Microsoft Office.
- Liaising with Lenders to ensure quick and sustainable applications are made
- Processing and updating paperwork on to the CRM system
- Credit Reports
- Providing processing & caseload support to the Mortgage team.
- Taking ownership of case files and keeping a track of all applications & manage the customers' expectations on time scales.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers post-application and maintaining effective relationships with all new and existing clients
- Ensuring timely, accurate and appropriate responses to telephone calls/enquiries
- Inputting, updating and maintaining data
- Producing written correspondence and documents using standard formats
- Managing the diary system to monitor cases and progress chase as appropriate
The salary will be dependent on experience ranging from £20,000 to £22,500.
The working hours will be 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
Let's get started!
This is a permanent full-time position with a start as soon as possible. This would suit someone who has worked previously in a similar financial admin, mortgage processor or mortgage administrative role for the last 12 months, has strong telephone communication skills and whom has a passion for providing an excellent customer service.
For more information, please contact Ben at Brook Street Southampton or apply now to send your CV.