Brook Street (UK) Limited is recruiting a Motor Claims Handler on behalf of our Belfast client. This is an excellent chance to join a well-known company who offer ongoing support and career development to all people who work for them.
The candidate hired for this role will be responsible to investigate, negotiate and settle designated motor damage or property claims up to stipulated authority levels.
* Investigating, negotiating and settling of designated claims, ensuring that Company resources are utilised in a cost-effective manner.
* Ensuring efficient progress and update of claims through the system.
* Dealing with enquiries from insurance brokers, policyholders and other clients.
* Liaising with other internal departments and external service providers.
* Liaising with senior handler and team leader as and when necessary.
* Preparation of documentation for cheque approval.
* Reporting to insurers.
* Maintaining FCA compliance at all times.
* Complying with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
* Carrying out any other functions deemed necessary by the Team Leader for the effective operation of the department.
* 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (including Maths and English). This may be waived in lieu of extensive relevant experience.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in a motor claims environment
* Computer literate, with good working knowledge of computerised claims systems
* In possession of, or working towards, CII exams
* Knowledge of GB/NI/ROI territories
The postholder will be required to undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by the company
Remuneration and Conditions of Employment
* Salary is negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience
* Hours of work Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
* 20 days annual leave plus 11 statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service.
* Company Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance and Eye care scheme
* Staff Discount
Please send CV via the apply link