Brook Street (UK) Limited is working with our Belfast client who are currently looking to expand their Motor Claims division, they are looking for an experienced Motor Damage Claims Handler who is passionate about their work, and who want to forge long term and successful career in the insurance industry.
As an experienced Motor damage claims handler, you'll be involved in managing a claim from the start through to settlement, making decisions on the extent and validity of a claim, and checking for any potential fraudulent activity. You'll coordinate services that may be required by policyholders following an accident or incident.
Main duties as a Motor Claims Handler and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Manage the commencement of claims ensuring the customer's requirements and expectations are properly framed and understood.
* Handling all aspects of commercial motor claims including Accidental Damage and Third Party within authority levels.
* Provide guidance to customers and, where possible, provide a one stop shop.
* Instructing Engineers, Loss Adjusters & Solicitors and attend Court for hearings etc.
* Ensure that claims are handled in the correct technical manner, in accordance with policy cover, legal liability, and departmental fraud, and FCA guidelines.
* Provide customers with a quality service in line with the Claims Guiding Principles.
* Identify the indicators of fraud and use questioning/investigation techniques to decide if the claim can be progressed to payment or repudiation.
* Take ownership of complaints, referring as necessary.
* Undertaking any other duties as reasonably required and deemed appropriate within the scope of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience you will need in your Motor Claims Handler role:
* Must have at least two years claims handling experience
* Dealing with enquiries from insurance brokers, policyholders and other clients
* Computer literate in Microsoft Office Products including MS Word and MS Excel.
* Strong communication and negotiating skills.
* Ability to demonstrate a high standard of customer service.
* Positive attitude and a flexible approach to change and team working.
* Taking instructions from clients regarding road traffic accident;
* Strong ability to ensure efficient progress and update of claims through the system.
* Liaising with other internal departments and external service providers.
* Maintaining FCA and GDPR compliance at all times.
* Minimum C Grade in Maths and English - or equivalent.
If you are interested, please send CV via the apply link