The firm are an innovative, forward-thinking family owned Chartered Insurance Broker that provides a high-quality, professional service to clients throughout the UK. Specifically targeting the Leisure Industry you will be responsible for the whole new business process from initial data capture with the client right through to the sale of the policy and issuing policy documentation for direct and wholesale business. You will be experienced in dealing with commercial packaged products.
·To supervise or carry out the new business function of insurance for clients dealing with telephone enquiries promptly, ensuring fair treatment of our clients
·To process new business quote instructions compliantly and efficiently
·Cultivate existing clients for recommendations and cross sell and up-sell opportunities
· To react to leads generated by existing means (introduces, Website SEO, returning customers, recommendations etc.) in a timely and professional manner
· To attend networking events, exhibitions, trade fairs, expo's and similar events where needed
· To ensure that all communications with clients are accurately recorded as per the Firm's Procedures Manual.
· To utilise all markets available which may be better suited to the client's requirements or which may offer preferential terms
· To develop ongoing, mutually beneficial relationships with Brokers, Clients, Introducers and Insurers.
· Negotiate terms with insurers in the best interest of the insured
· Adhere to all company policies as detailed in the company handbook
· Embrace and use Broker Assess for all CPD, ensuring you meet minimum standards as laid out by the firm.
· Respond in a timely manner to all client queries and ensure that communications with the customer and/or insurers, or other relevant business contacts are recorded and uploaded on to the firms back office recording system
· Previous roles or experience involving Insurance
· Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
· Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters, emails and reports
· Ability to liaise confidently an effectively via the telephone, in writing and face to face
· Able to manage time effectively
· Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of insurance contracts including current market conditions
· Knowledge and understanding of FCA rules and guidelines as well as GDPR & IDD
· Knowledge and understanding of the firms IT system and use of its computer quotation engines
The role is based within Bristol.