£33000 - £35000 per annum
24 days ago
Brook Street (UK) Limited is delighted to be working on behalf of our Belfast city centre client to recruit a Newly Qualified Accountant.
Our client has an impressive client base and due to continued growth of their Outsourcing Department, they are seeking to recruit a professional accountant to work within the outsourced service team in Belfast. In this role you will be tasked with providing a high-quality accounting service to a wide range of clients which will cover both management and financial accounts.
Applicants will preferably a qualified / newly qualified accountant.
You will work with a growing and well qualified team of accounting professionals and be encouraged to learn and develop new skills and attributes.
This role will allow you to utilise extensive technical skills along with the softer side of account management. The role will suit an intelligent individual with experience of providing a high standard of service to a portfolio of clients within a fast-paced accountancy environment. You will have the ability to think logically and provide solutions to problems.
* Providing clients with an excellent level of service and ensuring all work is completed efficiently, effectively, and in compliance with company and industry regulations
* Work closely with junior members of the team to ensure their continual development
* Processing accounting records
* Preparing bank reconciliations
* Preparing management and statutory accounts
* Preparing cash flow forecasts
* VAT returns including EC sales and Interstat accounts
* Take responsibility for the delivery of a high-quality service to clients
* Share principal client contact responsibilities and be responsible for developing a strong client relationship
* On all engagements, support the team in the timely and high-quality provision of day to day accounting services to clients
* Prepare accurate management accounts, adding value wherever possible (technical, problem solving)
* Schedule, supervise, and review work to ensure appropriate standards are met
* Ensure effective controls are in place to ensure compliance of Tax and Accounting policies and procedures
* Ensure client deadlines and expectations are met
* Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the management accounts including entries instructed by the client
* Demonstrate an understanding of the client's business
Must be qualified in accounts ACCA
Must have practice experience
If interested please send CV to Colleen Farquharson via the apply link