Business Support officer
Hybrid working for a mix of home and office, based in Leeds
Full time position: 37.5 hours a week- rate of pay is £12.74
Temporary contract until March 2022 but may be extended dependant on business demand
Audit Services (in the Assurance & Risk Management Directorate) supports NHS Digital by providing audit, assurance, advice, guidance and risk identification on the efficiency and effectiveness of governance, policies, controls and operations as well as the status of compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory obligations.
Audit Services is looking for business support for its team of auditors who:
· Support internal teams to embed quality and security best practice into its business processes against international standards (e.g. ISO 9001 and 27001), as well as meet regulatory compliance to ISO 13485 (Medical devices)
· Provide assurance of external data recipients (of NHS Digital's confidential information) to ensure they are complying with the law, data sharing framework contracts and data sharing agreements.
· Support NHS Digital's Data Protection Officer by carrying out audit activities to ensure that the organisation meets data protection legislation.
· Note: The postholder will also provide support to other teams within the directorate as required.
What we are looking for:
· Substantial experience of providing business support to multiple teams.
· Previous experience and knowledge of working within an audit environment not required but must be willing to learn and develop in this specialist area.
· Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Teams and SharePoint.
· Excellent communications and stakeholder management skills
· Risks, issues and opportunities management, with assistance from management where required.
· Planning skills to support the busy audit functions.
· Ability to interact with internal and external customers at all levels of seniority.
· Produce high quality work to agreed requirements and timescales.
· Experience of working in a complex organisation dealing with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to prioritise workload, with assistance from management where required.
· Ability to remain calm when under pressure.
· Ability to support multiple teams, following defined processes.
· Excellent record keeping and document management skills.
General business support skills:
· Arrange meetings and make room bookings/calendar invites
· Produce presentations, agendas, reports, minutes and action logs
· Arrange national travel and hotels for the team (where required)
· Mailbox and diary management for different teams
Audit specific tasks:
· Arrange audit visits with internal and external customers
· Ensure relevant documentation is available to auditors and auditees and is submitted on time
· Undertake basic checks on auditees prior to site visits/remote audits
· Transfer documents from Teams Files to SharePoint Folders
· Record and update findings from audits and assurance activities on internal system. Follow up action owners to ensure external and internal findings are kept up to date
· General file management and performing quality checks on documentation as directed.
Comms and promotion:
· Maintain dashboards and team intranet site
· Carry out and report on customer satisfaction surveys
· Administer and facilitate online communities
· Assist with developing case studies
· Support the audit teams with workshops on the benefits, principles and methodology of ISO standards.
· SharePoint administration: setting up and maintaining users, document libraries. Archiving and document deletion following the records management policy
· Contribute to service improvement and lessons learned
· Knowledge and use of collaboration toolsets
If this sounds like you click apply now!