Brook Street Recruitment are currently working with the NHS to expand their Call Handler team
Position: NHS Call Handler
Salary: £9.09 - £18.27 per hour
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week over 7 days Monday - Sunday
"999 Ambulance Service"
Would you like to work for a challenging but equally rewarding role?
You'll be the first contact for anyone calling 999 as part of the Emergency Services. You will be responsible for taking emergency calls, speaking with the general public in a calm professional manner.
Within your role you will be given the responsibility to prioritise calls in an order of urgency and will adapt quickly to ever changing situations. You'll need to be able to remain calm under pressure and be happy to work in a fast-paced environment. There may be occasions where you will deal with distressed patients, you will need to be able to offer empathy and compassion over the call. This will be a rewarding role for those who can work well under pressure
Skills required for Call Handler:
- Good communication skills on the phone
- Good computer skills
- Good listening skills
- Staying calm under stressful situations
- Bouncing back from challenging situations
- Customer service experience
- Motivated to helping people
- The ability to take and record information accurately
- Full paid in-depth NHS training to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Overtime opportunities available
- Competitive pay rates / Pay progression- £9.09 - £18.27 per hour
- Rewarding career path
- Supporting the NHS within a critical role
You will be required to pass a standard DBS check if successful for the role.
Interviews being held over the next 7 days.
If you're interested in this role and would like to have a chat more in detail regarding this vacancy, please do apply with your up to date CV. We aim to get back to all applicants within 1-3 working days. You can contact Charlotte on 07483 927710 or via email on .