Brook Street Recruitment are currently working with the NHS to expand their Call Handler team
Position: NHS Call Handler BOTH 999 Call Handler's & 111 Call Handler's positions available
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £20,330 to £21,777 per annum
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week over 7 days Monday - Sunday this will include days, nights and evenings.
"999 Ambulance Service"
Would you like to work for a challenging but equally rewarding role?
You`ll be the first contact for anyone calling 999 or 111 as part of the Emergency Services. You will be responsible for taking emergency calls, speaking with the general public in a calm professional manner.
Within your role you will be given the responsibility to prioritise calls in an order of urgency and will adapt quickly to ever changing situations. You`ll need to be able to remain calm under pressure and be happy to work in a fast-paced environment. There may be occasions where you will deal with distressed patients, you will need to be able to offer empathy and compassion over the call. This will be a rewarding role for those who can work well under pressure
Skills required for Call Handler:
- Good communication skills on the phone
- Good computer skills
- Good listening skills
- Staying calm under stressful situations
- Bouncing back from challenging situations
- Customer service experience
- Motivated to helping people
- The ability to take and record information accurately
- Full paid in-depth NHS training to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Overtime opportunities available
- Competitive pay rates / Pay progression- shift bonus allowances
- Rewarding career path
- Supporting the NHS within a critical role
- Large amount of NHS discounts
- C or above in English GCSE
- Call handling experience would be an advantage
- You will be required to pass Literacy and Keyboard tests
If you`re interested in this role and would like to have a chat more in detail regarding this vacancy, please do apply with your up to date CV. We aim to get back to all applicants within 3 working days. You can contact Charlotte on 07483 927710 or via email on .