NHS Digital - Band 5 Communications Assistant
Hours: Monday - Friday (37.5 hours)
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
The news and planning assistant will work with the news and planning manager to tell an engaging, informative and motivating story to colleagues, through a timely and multi-channel news cycle. The role holder will need to understand NHS Digital's objectives, corporate north and organisational narrative and reflect it in the communications they produce across a variety of channels. They will need to be aware of the external news agenda, and the NHS Digital news agenda, so that they can contribute to planning and achieving fast (on the day) internal news reaction. The base for this role Leeds, although you will currently be required to work from home.
Your duties will be:
- Effectively manage relationships and processes to ensure all areas of the business are understood and reflected in news channels, however and whenever it is appropriate.
- Be aware of the external news agenda, and of what's going on in NHS Digital, contributing to and picking up leads from cross directorate planning.
- Develop planned content for news channels, following the principles and conventions set out by our insight and planned narrative.
- Collect metrics and insight data, interpret what it is telling us, and report on it through directorate and team processes. Make suggestions for improvements and changes, and regularly share insight with the team.
- Administrate the Internal Communications planning cycle, including horizon scanning, strategic news planning, grid planning.
- Support investigation and possible introduction of new mailing and video upload software, taking into account ROI on any cost incurred.
- contribute to and develop the team's administration, planning, evaluation and reporting and able to adopt matrix working principles to support the wider strategic engagement and internal communications team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Clear planning and organisation skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Can do attitude
- Proficient use of MS office programmes especially MS Excel
- Must have experience in communications
- Must be able to effectively work from home
What you can expect in return
- Fantastic working environment
- Flexible working hours due to business needs
- Central Leeds however will be from home for the foreseeable future
- Occasional fixed term opportunities arise internally
- Full 12-week training given
If you would like to apply for this position, please send you CV or alternatively email