NHS Digital - Data and Insight Analyst
Location - Leeds
Salary - £12.74 per hour
Hours - Monday - Friday (37.5 Hours)
Duration - Temporary Contract March 2022 but Potentially up for review for Extension
The Data & Insight Analyst within the Population Health, Clinical Audit and Specialist Care team supports the management and analysis of data across a range of topics including (but not limited to): Mental Health, Community Services, Maternity Services, Smoking, Obesity, and Diabetes. The analysis team complete work on coding data outputs that contribute to publications, which are available on our website. Some of the work involved is around maintaining regular updates to data and disseminating for customers on the web.
- Code development
- Data quality, data analysis & interpretation, data presentation.
- Extract data to prepare tables of data and charts illustrating data for statistical publications and may update dashboards of data using power BI or Tableau.
Skills and Experience:
- Can analyse and interpret raw data, create appropriate measures of performance and statistics, and summarise the results
- Can easily interpret the quality of data through proactive identification of poor data quality and propose appropriate solution
- Experience of presenting and explaining through written and verbal communication in a style that translates technical detail into user friendly, accessible plain English that can be understood by all audiences.
- Customer service experience/experience of having discussions with customers (internal and external) to clarify or define customer requirements.
- Good working knowledge and experience in the effective use of spreadsheets and databases including use of data interrogation tools and wider functionality such as formulae.
- Knowledge of how to interpret data.
- Knowledge of database structures and how to interrogate databases.
- Knowledge of industry-standard data management or analysis software e.g. one of MS SQL, SAS, R, Python, Tableau or PowerBI.
- Able to exhibit knowledge of relevant legislation when working with public data such as the Data Protection Act.
- Understanding of data security & information governance.
- Knowledge of process design and code development acquired through degree level or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Degree level qualification in an IT or numerate related subject or equivalent qualification/experience