NHS Digital - Data & Insight Analyst
Location - Leeds (Successful Candidate would need to be in the Leeds office for around 3 days per week, in accordance with NHS Digital's hybrid working arrangements
Salary - £13.12 per hour
Hours - Monday - Friday 09:00 - 5:00 (37.5 Hours)
Duration - Temporary contract, possibility for review for extension and possibility to apply for permanent positions within the NHS
The Data & Insight Analyst supports the management and analysis of data across its full lifecycle, from initial receipt and preparation of the data asset through to analysis and interpretation of the data to support publication. Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams alongside colleagues from across Information, Analysis & Statistics and Data Management, the role holder will ensure that data are handled in an efficient and secure way in line with information governance legislation.
- Supporting Requirements gathering
- End-to-end process mapping
- Code development
- Solutions assurance
- Data quality assurance
- Data analysis & interpretation
- Data presentation
- Reference data management
The Data & Insight Analyst will comply with NHS Digitals regulatory requirements in such areas as data quality and data security, within an environment that is committed to the proper governance and secure use of data.
Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge and experience in the effective use of spreadsheets and databases including use of data interrogation tools and wider functionality such as formulae.
- Knowledge of how to interpret data.
- Knowledge of database structures and how to interrogate databases.
- Knowledge of process design and code development acquired through degree level or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Able to exhibit knowledge of relevant legislation when working with public data such as the Data Protection Act.
- Knowledge of industry-standard data management or analysis software, such as MS SQL, SAS, Tableau, R or PowerBI.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies or relevant experience or training.
- Experience of presenting and explaining through written and verbal communication in a style that translates technical detail into user friendly, accessible plain English that can be understood by all audiences.
- Experience of having discussions with customers (internal and external) to clarify or define customer specifications.
- Can easily interpret the quality of data through proactive identification of poor data quality and propose appropriate solutions.
- Can analyse and interpret raw data, create appropriate measures of performance, value-added analysis and summarise the results
- Experience of building data assets.
- Degree level qualification in an IT or numerate related subject or equivalent qualification/experience
If this sounds like you click apply now!