NHS North of England Screening Officer team manager - Band 5
Location- Leeds City Centre
Hours- Monday- Friday
We are looking for a team manager to support a team of screening officers part of NHS North of England.
NHS England and NHS Improvement have aligned to operate as a single organisation. In the North of England, it means the creation of two new regions to better support the NHS and help improve care for patients at a local level.
We exist to support health care commissioning and delivery and to provide professional leadership for finance, nursing, medical and specialised commissioning. We also play a key role in the assurance and delivery process of foundation trusts and NHS trusts, as well as independent providers that provide NHS-funded care. We offer the support these providers need to give patients consistently safe, high quality, compassionate care within local health systems that are financially sustainable.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of Screening Officers, ensuring all daily objectives, KPIs and SLAs are achieved.
- Review and develop Standard Operating Procedures for the team where appropriate.
- To provide professional guidance, advice and support internally and to customers where appropriate.
- First line supervision and management of a team, reviewing and developing Standard Operating Procedures for the team where appropriate.
- Manage the prioritisation and distribution of work received.
- Ensure agreed service levels are met.
- Undertake quality assurance of work completed
- Monitor Teams performance.
- Provide support across the full range of staff management e.g. sickness absence, annual leave etc.
- Provide training/coaching
- Undertake first line manager responsibilities for example, performance monitoring and Personal & Development
What we are looking for:
- Great attention to detail
- Relevant experience in managing a team effectively and tracking others performance
- Has experience in following a range of polices and procedures.
- Adaptable to new changes
- Can use a range of systems with strong IT skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- Has experience in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Has HR or people Management experience
All activities involve handling personal and often sensitive data, and you will be required to ensure that operational activities operate in accordance with data protection legislation - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018). Security clearance may be required.
If this is the role for you, apply today!