NHS PTS Car Controller Assistant
Temporary contact for minimum 6 months
Full time 37.5 hours
My client based in Carlisle, a large NHS organisation, is looking for a call handler to work in their control room.
Working as part of a team, dealing with telephone queries from volunteer car drivers and taxi firms. Your main duties will be informing resources of patient ready times and updating the computer system with any amendments in a timely and efficient manner. Your main priority is to organise transport arrangements in the most efficient way, appropriate to the patient`s circumstances and to the contractual arrangements in place.
- Action the pop-ups for all volunteer car drivers and taxi companies
- Liaise with Car Controller in relation to the pop-ups - Notifying controller of any cancellations and ready times as necessary
- Texting volunteer car drivers journey details
- Answer the phone and support the Car Controller when necessary
- Deal with queries to hospitals/patients
- Cover breaks for the Car Controller
- Chase up late patients
- Excellent telephone manner
- Previous history of team working
- Efficient in updating database systems
- Proactive and assertive manner to help deal with issues that arise
- Able to work in a pressurised and stressful environment
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.00pm
Start Date: 8th April 2019 contacted until for a minimum of 6 months, possible view of extension.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration & registration.