Newcastle upon Tyne
Up to £11.45 per hour + NHS Discount
16 days ago
6 months +
START DATE - JANUARY 2024
Brook Street are looking for highly skilled Inbound Customer Contact Advisors to work for the renowned NHS Business Services Authority. You will be working in an award-winning contact centre with global standard accreditation in the last 12 months. Successfully maintained a 2-star company to work for in the Best Companies annual survey. Excellent career and progression opportunities within to build on your skills and ambition.
The NHS Business Services Authority is an Arm's Length Body of the Department of Health and Social Care. They manage over £35 billion of NHS spend annually delivering a range of national services to NHS organisations, Contractors, patients, and members of the public. Customer and Contact Centre Services (CCS) is a shared service for the NHS Business Services Authority. The Contact Centre handles incoming telephone calls, there is an opportunity to work across various workstreams and media methods. The post holder will work as part of a team to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. As this is intended as a progression role, the post holder will be expected to gain and manage a diverse portfolio of workstreams that will increase in line with the band 2 to band 3 progression programme, which will be flexible to suit the needs of the business and the competence and experience of the advisor.
What do we offer?
- 37.5 hour working weeks. The Contact Centre operates between 8am-6pm Mon-Fri, and 1 in 5 Saturdays on average 9am-3pm.
- No outbound calls, and our advisors are empowered to solve customer queries using our bank of support resources and constant connection to a team leader if advice is required.
- Supportive learning programme provided for all new starters.
- An industry leading career pathway programme open to all, opening doors to more senior roles or to other teams in the NHSBSA.
- Active well-being and inclusion networks
- Access to a wide range of benefits including discounts on high street and online retailers.
- £11.45 per hour - Band 2
- Hybrid working - must be based within 40 miles of Newcastle Upon Tyne. There is an expectation to attend the office.
Main duties of the job
- Answer telephone enquiries from customers using a variety of media methods promptly within performance agreements.
- Contribute to building team spirit and aiding others to succeed.
- Provide help and guidance to customers, tailoring conversations to their needs ensuring they are at the heart of everything you do.
- Take an active part in coaching sessions and meetings with managers and your team, working collaboratively to identify improvements.
- Work on a variety of computer systems, accurately inputting, updating, and amending information.
- Over time we would be looking for you to manage a diverse portfolio of workstreams that will increase in line with the band 2 to band 3 progression programmes
You may have experience in customer service already or may be confident communicators who are looking to start a new career. We would love you to apply if:
- Three GCSE passes, including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
- Confident in taking customer telephone calls and handling customer enquiries using various media methods.
- Can communicate effectively with others.
- IT Literate
- You can show empathy when dealing with some potentially challenging conversations.
- You have a high attention to detail.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
The NHS BSA value and respect the diversity of our colleagues and are committed to being a flexible employer. We are proud to offer flexible working opportunities. Whether you're interested in hybrid working, working from home, flexible hours or job sharing, apply today and we can discuss available options with you.
Please click on the link to gain an insight of what working with the NHS means for you!
*Please note: due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts, we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you do not hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, however, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities. *