ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW ROLE AND INTERESTED IN WORKING AS A NIGHT PORTER IN THE HOTEL INDUSTRY?
40 hours a week - working 4 days from 9.00pm til 7.00am
-Take guests` luggage on arrival and departure following the correct procedure for the star rating of your hotel.
- Set all conference/function rooms as specified to the Company standard within the relevant time schedule.
- Ability to operate the switchboard to the required standard, dealing with incoming calls, taking of messages, using the bleep/radio/telephone system, setting wake up calls and `Do not Disturb` where appropriate. Measured through your ability to answer the telephone, take messages accurately and to ensure any necessary information is passed on to the relevant person.
- Allocate bedrooms correctly for any `walk in` guests and take payment for the service in advance.
- Prepare cook and serve the relevant food and drink items as per the menu to the required hotel standard.
- Cleaning of specified areas as required, ensuring all public areas are free from debris i.e. lounges, floors.
- Print guests` bills and take payment. (Where applicable)
- Ordering guest`s newspapers and delivering as per the order sheet.
- Set up and serve room service breakfasts to the Company standard.
- Understand and have a working knowledge of all departments in the hotel.
- Conduct a suitable handover to reception and the Duty Manager. Passing on any problems and relevant information from the night shift.
- Respond positively to any reasonable request or duties as asked by management.
- Welcome guests on arrival, know the Warm Welcome standard and to demonstrate this in practice.
- Deal politely, efficiently and calmly with guests at the reception desk. Check guests into the hotel using the correct procedure and reacting to any specific guest requirements.
Sales / Costs:
- To up sell at every opportunity.
- To adhere to any company sales initiatives and to increase sales opportunities.
Training & Development:
- To attend any training sessions as advised by your HOD or management.
- To develop and maintain own knowledge, skills methods and apply to working situation in accordance with standards set by the Company
Health & Safety:
- Be familiar with and use the correct manual handling techniques as shown to you within your on job training.
- To attend a First Aid at Work Course and subsequent refresher course as necessary.
- Record any maintenance problems and hand over to the Duty Manager.
- Aid the Duty Manager in Fire Evacuation procedures.
- Handle and be responsible for the night porter`s float and any monies paid in during the night shift, balancing the monies correctly at the end of the shift.
- To complete regular security and fire checks of the building and grounds and to record these checks on the relevant paperwork.
- Always adhere to hotel security procedures in particular when dealing with luggage, entering a guest`s bedroom and conference rooms.
- Never allowing a guest access to individual rooms without first establishing their right to be in the room.
- To maintain personal hygiene standards at all times
- To wear the correct uniform, in good condition whilst on duty and in the hotel and to take care of your uniform when off-duty.
Policies & Procedures:
- Awareness of and adherence to all company policies as stated in the Staff Handbook.
If you are keen on working as a night porter and feel you have the right skills and qualities to fulfil the role then please apply today!