We are currently recruiting for an Occupational Health Advisor to join a law enforcement organisation based in North London, on a full time basis starting June/July.
The closing date for this role is the 6th June and first stage interviews will be held week commencing 10th June.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Registered General Nurse with a degree level post registration qualification in Occupational Health (currently registered with the NMC parts 1&3 (SCPHN OH)
- Able to demonstrate a good track record of providing occupational health advice, support and guidance to employees and Managers including complex cases
- An expert in advising employees who are off work due to ill-health or returning to work following ill-health
- Proven ability to command the confidence of senior management, employees, trade unions and external stakeholders with a professional, influential and persuasive manner
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide comprehensive, confidential advice to managers, HR and employees and make recommendations on fitness for work/task
- Advise managers regarding reasonable adjustments for staff as appropriate and provide access to disability support services where appropriate
- Manage a caseload including some complex cases
- Providing an informed opinion and taking part in case conferences
- Undertake occupational screening / health surveillance in accordance with health and safety legislation and interpret results and advise accordingly.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with the OH Manager, Seniors/OH Advisers, HR professionals and liaise with external agencies as required to exchange information in support of a proactive and timely approach to case management and health and wellbeing initiatives
- Produce regular update reports on all cases as determined by the service delivery specification.
- Make observations and recommendations relating to the organisation's OH service and practices to the OH Manager so that the organisation can continuously improve its service and respond to the needs of its staff
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity to join a leading public sector organisation, please apply now with a current CV and we will be in touch!