This is an exciting opportunity for a full time Occupational Therapist to join two Mental Health rehabilitation units for people living with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.
You will be working for a national provider of social care services for adults with Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, with over 35 years` of experience.
As the Occupational Therapist your duties will include;
- To carry out the Occupational Therapy process with service users.
- To support service users to develop their skills and increase their independence.
- To support HCSW, activity and social inclusion coordinators with the provision of activities on the units and provide advice and guidance based on service user needs.
- To oversee the use of the rehabilitation kitchen.
- Input into Care Plans
- To be involved in the risk assessment of service users when attending activities in the community.
- To work closely with MDT to ensure support is provided to service users when discharged.
- To work closely with the psychology staff to ensure service users` needs are being supported occupationally and psychologically.
- Completing assessments for potential patients with an RMN.
- Attending MDT/CPA meetings with appropriate reports.
The ideal candidate will have a positive outlook on life and be passionate about caring for others.
The successful candidate must have a diploma or degree in occupational therapy and an active HCPC pin.
This is a full time position with a starting salary of £28,684 in addition to excellent progression development within the company.
If you are interested in this opportunity or for more information and a confidential discussion, please call Brooklea Mills at BS Social Care on 01772 252323. Good luck with your Job Search.