I am recruiting for an experienced Ocean Freight Logistics Import Operative/Coordinator based near Birmingham Airport; this is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service and they are offering a competitive salary for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for the logistics of importing goods via sea freight. This will include the booking/planning of transport, the completion of all documentation and solving problems as they arise, at all times building relationships and keeping your suppliers and the clients updated.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. They have the credibility and a reputation that allows them to continue to expand within the UK and worldwide using their global infrastructure of partnerships and agents. They operate ocean freight and air freight services with a balanced portfolio of inbound and outbound blue-chip clients with an emphasis on the technological solutions that they offer.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Arrange haulage with shipping lines/hauliers
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients
- Take requests and queries and resolve them effectively and efficiently
- Communicate (using email, telephone and internet systems) with overseas agents and clients clearly, precisely and accurately and resolve issues and complaints in a timely manner
- Ensure pre-alert documents are on hand prior to vessel arrival
- Prior to the release/delivery of cargo:
- Collect all correct documentation
- Secure the payment of cleared funds for: COD (cash on delivery) accounts and Duty/VAT invoices
- Process supplier invoices
- Maintain customer and supplier spreadsheets
- Ensure that the departmental manager is aware of the status of all shipments
- Live within an easy commute of Birmingham Airport and a driver due to the location
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in ocean import freight forwarding
- Experience of booking and planning of transport via ocean
- Experience of shipments from and to worldwide destinations
- The ability to complete CFSP/Home Use/IPR entries
- A clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated
- Understands when duty is applicable or should be reduced and the documents required to obtain the reduction
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant importation documentation
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers
- The ability to instruct a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers
- The skill to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- A positive attitude and good problem solving skills and to apply lessons learned
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE RELEVANT OCEAN IMPORT KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 28 days including Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***