Job Type: Temporary
Sector: Public Sector
Hours: 37 hours a week
Brook Street are currently seeking to find someone who can join our very reputable public sector client, the Ministry of Defence, in the North Yorkshire area.
You will be required to support the Officer in Command (OC) Regional Rehabilitation Unit (RRU) and their staff to maintain the delivery of safe and effective primary healthcare to mandated standards across the Region. The principle function of this post is that of co-ordination and to provide administrative support to all RRU Staff and patients. Managing appointment bookings, onward referrals to secondary health care, taking and producing minutes/records of decisions of meetings; undertaking various roles appropriate to grade.
Duties within the role will include but not be limited to -
- Support the OC/2iC (second in command) in the daily administrative running of the unit
- Implement new policies, procedures and priorities set by higher management.
- Regularly cleanse patient identifiable information from electronic share drive and filing cabinets in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain the electronic SharePoint in line with electronic filing and regular cleansing of out of date files
- Adhere to Defence Writing Standards (JSP 101) in all correspondence and written work undertaken
- Carry out regular administrative audits on specific areas
- Provide general administrative duties which include:
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Answering of telephones and routine enquires
- Check fax machine for incoming signals
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings and contribute to these meetings
- Use in-house information Technology (IT) systems/Microsoft Office applications to generate clear correspondence and input data as required to support the provision of detailed statistics for various organisations
- General office husbandry and filing
- Check ring one/ring twice pigeon holes
- Clinical Administration Duties
- Interface with Medical Officers, Medical Centres, Physio dept, Secondary Care Agencies and the public sector
- Liaising with medical and unit staff regarding appointments and other matters and dealing with patients in an appropriate manner face-face, by telephone or by correspondence
- Ensure a swift response to medico-legal requests (within 48 hours) and transferring requests to the relevant lead in accordance with local Standard Operating Procedures. Highlight any problems or discrepancies found to senior management
- Administrative lead for the management of the Defence Patient Tracking Alert (DPTA) Database. Ensuring swift actioning of the alerts and outcomes. Highlight any problems or discrepancies found to senior management.
- Proactively managing post triage procedures and updating on the relevant databases.
- Proactively organise and run the Podiatry and Orthotics clinics.
- Record patient attendance to assist with the monitoring of patients who 'Do Not Attend' (DNA) and follow up patient to ensure clinical care isn't affected.
- Administrative lead for maintaining the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)MRI Disk Database and ensuring the correct archiving of MRI disks.
- Other Duties
- Assisting with the development and regular review of administrative Standard Operating Procedures
- Aid other administrative staff with their daily tasks when necessary
- Complete mandatory training appropriate for your grade
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the grade as detailed by the OC/2iC
- Personal Attributes. The post holder will need to work well in a team, be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of both military and civilian personnel, be adaptable and enthusiastic. The post holder must be flexible and prepared to learn a variety of appropriate skills as the duties of the post become more defined.
- Confidentiality of Information. You have an obligation under law to safeguard the confidentiality of personal/medical information you may have access to during your duties, which must not be communicated to other persons except as per current legislation. Any breach of confidentiality could lead to disciplinary action being invoked and provide grounds for complaint against you.
This is a fully site based role in Catterick, and a full references and criminal record check will be required.
We anticipate a large volume of applicants so if you have not been contacted directly within 7 days please presume you have been unsuccessful.